- Visas for visits exceeding three months, whether for study, training, working or residence, shall be national visas issued by Portuguese Embassy in Islamabad in accordance with its national legislation. These types of visas are only valid for the national territory of the concerned country.
- Applicant will have to provide evidence that he/she falls under this category, kindly refer to the information sheet of documents required.
Please note that applicants will also be charged a service fee of Euro 30 per application (PKR 5181) which must be paid in cash when you attend the visa application centre.
|Work (to exercise paid emplyment IEFP letter)||90 (PKR 15,544)|
|Independent professional activity/immigrant entrepreneurs||90 (PKR 15,544)|
|Scientific research/High qualified activity||0|
|Long term study/masters programme/University degree/high school||90* (PKR 15,544)|
|Family reunification SEF letter||90* (PKR 15,544)|
|Pensioners, clergy, people with earnings||90 (PKR 15,544)|
|* exempted if applicable (go to exemptions on National Visa)|
- Please note that all documents on the checklist have to be submitted.
- Please note that all applicants have to appear in person. If an applicant is prevented from appearing in person the embassy must be informed beforehand for consent.
- The embassy reserves the right to request further documentation during the application process.
- The Embassy cannot be held responsible for any financial losses nor can the visa fee be refunded.
- Please click on the tabs above for the required information.
- All the documents will be kept by embassy, embassy will not return any single documents
Please Note: The Embassy of Portugal in Islamabad will not accept incomplete documents or expired attestations. All documents listed on the checklist are mandatory. Applications which included incomplete or missing documents will not be accepted at the Visa Application Centers.
The photo must:
- be in sharp focus, clear and with good contrasts
- be printed on high quality photo paper with high solution
- be in colour
- be 35–40 mm in width
- be maximum 6 months old and resemble the applicant
- be taken with the applicant facing the camera directly, against a light background
- show the whole head and the top of the shoulders. The face must occupy 70–80 % of the picture.
- show open eyes that are clearly visible. Hair must not cover the eyes.
Glasses are allowed as long as the eyes are clearly visible.
- the glasses must not be coloured
- the rim must not cover any part of the eyes
- there must be no reflection in the glasses
Religious head-dresses are allowed, provided that all details of the face are clearly shown.
- chin, forehead and both cheeks must be clearly visible
- shadows on the face due to the head-dress are not allowed
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth for meeting these requirements is available at the visa application centre.
- Portugal Embassy in Islamabad will require at least 90 days to process the Visa application after submission at VFS or after Embassy interview (if Embassy interview is required), unless otherwise stipulated by the Portuguese law depending on the supporting documents submitted. However, this deadline may be extended up to 60 days and even, exceptionally, 90 days, if a more detailed examination of your application and/or additional documents are required.
- Please be advised that due to the above mentioned processing time, we are not able to guarantee the return of passports by specific dates for travel.
- Please be sure to submit your visa application well in advance, to avoid any inconveniences.