The purpose of this visa is to travel to Portugal as part of an official visit on behalf of your government or an international organisation.
A Schengen visa only allows foreign nationals to visit Portugal and the other Schengen countries for up to 90 days.
Please note that applicants will also be charged a service fee of Euro 38 per application (PKR 7115) which must be paid in cash when you attend the visa application centre.
|Type||Visa Fee (€)|
|C||80 (PKR 14,978)|
|Children more than 6 and less than 12 years||40 (PKR 7,489)|
|Exemptions on Schengen Visa (GRATIS)|
|Children under 6 years||0|
|Students and teachers with travel study purposes||0*|
|Researchers to do scientific investigation in the EU||0**|
|Representatives of non-profit-making organizations < 25 years||0***|
|Family EU (Family member of EU/EEA and Switzerland nationals)||0|
|Family EU husband/spouse||0|
|Family EU partner in a de facto union||0|
|Family EU under 21 or dependent||0|
|Family EU dependent direct ascending (under 21 years or over if dependent)||0|
* School pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake stays for the purpose of study or educational training
** Researchers who are nationals of third countries traveling for the purpose of scientific research in the Community as defined in Recommendation 2005/761 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 September, to facilitate the issuance by Member States of short-term uniform visas for researchers from third countries who are traveling for the purposes of scientific research in the Community
*** Representatives of non-profit organisations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organised by non-profit organisations
|Exemption depending on Embassy of Portugal decision:|
|Type||Visa Fee (€)|
|Holders of diplomatic, service, official and special passports or travel documents issued by international organizations||0|
|Participants, up to 25 years of age, in seminars, conferences and sporting, cultural or educational events organized by non-profit organizations.||0|
- Please note that all documents on the checklist have to be submitted.
- Please note that all applicants have to appear in person. If an applicant is prevented from appearing in person the embassy must be informed beforehand for consent.
- The embassy reserves the right to request further documentation during the application process.
- The Embassy cannot be held responsible for any financial losses nor can the visa fee be refunded.
- Please click on the tabs above for the required information.
- All the documents will be kept by embassy, embassy will not return any single documents.
Please Note: The Embassy of Portugal in Islamabad will not accept incomplete documents or expired attestations. All documents listed on the checklist are mandatory. Applications which included incomplete or missing documents will not be accepted at the Visa Application Centers.
The photo must:
- be in sharp focus, clear and with good contrasts
- be printed on high quality photo paper with high solution
- be in colour
- be 35–40 mm in width
- be maximum 6 months old and resemble the applicant
- be taken with the applicant facing the camera directly, against a light background
- show the whole head and the top of the shoulders. The face must occupy 70–80 % of the picture.
- show open eyes that are clearly visible. Hair must not cover the eyes.
Glasses are allowed as long as the eyes are clearly visible.
- the glasses must not be coloured
- the rim must not cover any part of the eyes
- there must be no reflection in the glasses
Religious head-dresses are allowed, provided that all details of the face are clearly shown.
- chin, forehead and both cheeks must be clearly visible
- shadows on the face due to the head-dress are not allowed
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth for meeting these requirements is available at the visa application centre.
The processing time for an application at the Embassy of Portugal is a minimum of 15 calendar days. Please note that all those applying for a visa for Portugal need to have at least 15 days between the date of application and date of travel. Applications will not be accepted if this requirement is not adhered to.
Please be advised that due to the above mentioned minimum processing time, we are not able to guarantee the return of passports by specific dates for travel.
Please be sure to submit your visa application well in advance, to avoid any inconveniences.