The purpose of this visa is to travel to Portugal for tourist reasons.
A Schengen visa only allows foreign nationals to visit Portugal and the other Schengen countries for up to 90 days.
Please note that applicants will also be charged a service fee of Euro 30 per application (charged in local currency) which must be paid in cash when you attend the visa application centre.
|Visa Category||Visa Fee (Euro) *|
|Schengen Visa (Children 6 to 12 years of age)||35|
|Schengen Visa (Children under 6 years of age)||0|
*Visa fees must be paid in local currency at the visa application centre. The exchange rate is subject to change without notice.
The following are exempted from the fee when submitting an application for Schengen Visa:
- Children under 6 years of age
- Pupils, students and their accompanying teachers if the purpose of the travel is studying or educational training
- Researchers from third countries travelling in the Schengen area to do scientific research as defined by the European parliament and council recommendation 2005/761/EC of 28 September 2005
- Representatives of non-profit organisations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organised by non-profit organisations.
- Participants aged 25 years or less in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organised by non-profit organisations.
- Spouses, children and dependent ascendants of an EU/EEA national who is exercising free movement rights in Portugal, when visiting the person.
Applicants should refer to the checklist below for information on the documents required.
Tourist Visa – Document checklist
The photo must:
- be in sharp focus, clear and with good contrasts
- be printed on high quality photo paper with high solution
- be in colour
- be 35–40 mm in width
- be maximum 6 months old and resemble the applicant
- be taken with the applicant facing the camera directly, against a light background
- show the whole head and the top of the shoulders. The face must occupy 70–80 % of the picture.
- show open eyes that are clearly visible. Hair must not cover the eyes.
Glasses are allowed as long as the eyes are clearly visible.
- the glasses must not be coloured
- the rim must not cover any part of the eyes
- there must be no reflection in the glasses
Religious head-dresses are allowed, provided that all details of the face are clearly shown.
- chin, forehead and both cheeks must be clearly visible
- shadows on the face due to the head-dress are not allowed
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth for meeting these requirements is available at the visa application centre.
The Embassy of Portugal aims to process visa applications within 2 weeks.